Nestled in a peaceful corner of Palm Centre in Pennington on the South Coast of KZN, Shala at the Beach is a place to gather, to learn, to explore, to empower and simply, to be yourSELF.
Shala at the Beach offers scheduled classes as well as private one on one or group classes.
Shala at the Beach classes are held indoors and outdoors. Mats are available on request. Space is limited, booking is essential
Shala at the Beach is an inclusive space. Everyone is welcome. You do not have to have experience in yoga, to try it.
Details for Shala at the Beach events & retreats will be updated on our Facebook Page.
The Science of Yoga
Yoga is the science of activating your inner energies to such a vibrant and exuberant state that your body, mind, and emotions function at their highest peaks
Modern science confirms what ancient practitioners have always known; Yoga has great physical as well as mental benefits.
1. Yoga improves flexibility
2. Yoga helps with stress relief
3. Yoga improves mental health
4. Yoga may reduce inflammation
5. Yoga will likely increase your strength
6. Yoga may reduce anxiety
7. Yoga may improve quality of life
8. Yoga may boost immunity
9. Yoga can improve balance
10. Yoga may improve cardiovascular functioning
11. Yoga may help improve sleep
12. Yoga may improve self-esteem
13. Yoga may improve bone health
14. Yoga can promote better posture and body awareness
15. Yoga can improve brain functioning
16. Yoga can help with burnout
“The word ‘Yoga’ means ‘union.’ Union means you begin to experience the universality of who you are. For example, today, modern science proves to you beyond any doubt that the whole existence is just one energy manifesting itself in various forms. If this scientific fact becomes a living reality for you – that you begin to experience everything as one – then you are in Yoga. When you are in Yoga, you experience everything as a part of yourself. That is liberation, that is mukti, that is ultimate freedom.” -Sadhguru
Shala at the Beach aims to incorporate all 8 Limbs of Yoga; while classes include physical poses (Asana), breathwork (Pranayama) and Meditation.